Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Spinach and tofu puff pastries for brunch!

I used the puff pastry recipe blogged about previously and the spinach and tofu filling I've used for my version of spanakopita to whip up today's brunch. I used vegan margarine instead of shortening for the puff pastry and prefer the latter; the use of salted fat for the pastry led me to suspect that the resultant pastry would be on the salty side, so I used a light hand with the salt content for the spinach filling. I did, however, add roasted garlic, lemon zest and nutmeg to it and was very happy with those additions.

Overall, I don't think I'd adjust the seasoning for any of this, but if I were to make it again, I use shortening in the puff pastry and season the filling so that I could eat it as-is.

No comments:

Post a Comment