Thursday, October 3, 2013

Dairy- and sugar-free chocolate pumpkin seed butter!

Having been inspired by Tofu vaVohu's post on Pumpkinseed Nutella, I thought I'd take a stab at making a dairy-free version, without refined sugar. It's not only possible, it's fantastic! My version follows:
  • 1 cup pumpkin seeds (I left mine untoasted)
  • scant ¼ cup cocoa powder
  • 8 dates, presoaked in soy milk overnight
  • pinch of salt
  • ½ tsp. vanilla
  • soy milk to desired consistency (I used at least ¼ cup)

Blend the pumpkinseeds in a food processor until they turn into a seed butter. Scrape down sides of bowl. Add remaining ingredients and blend, adding soy milk and scraping down bowl as needed.

I've already had very generous smears on two pieces of toast. This recipe's a keeper!

No comments:

Post a Comment