Friday, April 29, 2016

"Butter" Chicken Pizza

In what is easily one of the yummiest things to emerge from my kitchen, I made up a "butter" chicken pizza yesterday.

I'm a fan of Spice Goddess, which I'm glad to state doesn't require a subscription to The Cooking Channel if one lives in Canada. Bal seems ridiculously approachable and is the first person I've seen truly demystify Indian cooking. So, yeah, I'm in love. Well, when I was watching an episode a few years ago, she whipped up her No-Butter Chicken, which uses yogurt in place of butter and which she swears tastes just as rich as the real deal. Needless to say, I'm a big fan of anything that adapts buttery-richness into a form I can eat without gut-wrenching pain.

So it came to be that when I found myself with a wealth of coconut yogurt to start finding uses for, I remembered Bal's promise of delectable, spicy goodness and got to work. I also whipped up a batch of her garam masala for use in the no-butter chicken recipe. The chicken recipe is a hit and I honestly don't know how I'm going to avoid the temptation to make it practically daily.

And yeah, it's fantastic as a pizza topping. I didn't use any other toppings and can't get over how satisfying yesterday's lunch was.

No comments:

Post a Comment