Monday, January 11, 2016

Homemade sushi!

It's been years since the last time I made sushi for myself. When I realized last week that I could make a Seattle roll with vegan cream cheese (the soy-free kind, these days), I got to planning. Today I made the first of about three(!) days worth of rolls, using sushi rice (about 1 cup cooked, for two rolls), seasoned rice vinegar (1 tbsp.), a bit of extra salt to taste, nori sheets, smoked salmon, English cucumber, avocado and Daiya cream cheese.

Sadly, the vegan cream cheese was a misstep: it was sweet enough to throw off the balance of the rest of the ingredients. It looks like I'll be having cream cheese free rolls 'til Thursday's lunch and finding a way to otherwise use up the Daiya product (which I suspect would go well on a bagel).

No comments:

Post a Comment